Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Handmade Christmas Ideas

Can you believe that Christmas is just over 4 months away?!?! Yes, it's really that close!! One of my favorite parts of Christmas is buying gifts. I love finding that certain special gift that I know my parents, sisters, nephews & nieces, friends, etc will absolutely love and seeing their face as they open it!! Being an artist myself not only do I want to support the handmade community but I appreciate the time and work put into it by the other artists. I have put together some selections from some of my favorites here. These are all artists that I have purchased from and own their products or have given their products as gifts.
Here are some awesome jewelers!!!
One of my favorite pairs of earrings comes from IngridsCreations. Ingrid makes fabulous delicate, feminie jewelry and bottle cap necklaces (my stepdaughter has one of those too!). Her pictures don't do her pieces justice! They're gorgeous!!

My other favorite pair of earrings come from BailybelleCreations Her pieces are absolutely as gorgeous as the pictures and they come packaged so beautifully!!! They're perfect to give as a gift right away!
NAOMI - Chaceldony Carnelian and Vintage Lucite Necklace by BailybelleCreations

Another amazing jeweler is Dan from Dankartistry. He bends spoons and makes them into rings!! Okay, so it's a little bit more complicatied then bending a spoon, but he does it so beautifully!!
Queen Bess Spoon Ring by Dankartistry

These custom photo pendants from CookiesForSale are great for parents and grandparents! You can send in your own pictures and in return receive a gorgeous custom pendant and her turn around time is great!!

Okay, my next selection is from VixensNaturalJewelry and I have her seperating jewelry and hair because she actually sells both. I am totally obsessed with Shannon's bobby pins!! They're all so beautiful and I wear them every day. I also have one of her rings (so does my sister in law!) and she's such a sweet heart to work with!!
I love the uniqueness of the hair accessories you can find in BlueberryShoes. Hollie is so creative and you won't find creations like her's anywhere else!

If you have a little girl you must check out LilysFrilys for the cutest hairbows! She has butterflies, princesses, strawberries, and of course your "regular" bows too ;)
Blue and Pink Butterfly by LilysFrilys
Next onto bath and beauty!!
LusciousLather has the best lotions I've ever used!! I wear flip flops year round in Florida and I found creams from Diane that have healed the cracks in my heels!! I love her line!
For girls (young and old) that love make up, look no further than MumMumCrafts! These are not only beautiful products, but good for your skin!

Now onto clothing!! One of my favorite t-shirts comes from BanyanTreeClothing. The t-shirt is high quality and the design has never faded. (I have the same design below)

How adorable are these shoes? Do you want to see even more cuteness? Just visit IraRott. Ira makes so many cute items for infants and they're all high quality.

Another high quality crochet shop is MattsCraftyWife and she makes items for adults too! Not only does she make shrugs and scarfs, but bookmarks, cozies, and more! Pink Crocheted Shrug by MattsCraftyWife

Here's another great idea for a personalized gift!! Visit AngelPupsCreations where Kelly hand paints slates! We had her paint all the grandchildren for my Mom and it was a huge success!! Custom Handpainted Slate (Made to Order) by AngelPupsCreations

Here is a yummy gift idea!!! Take a trip to HillsideBakery. Here you will find the most delicious fudge (my favorite is the chocolate peanut butter!) My only suggestion is you have it shipped to the recipient so they actually receive it ;) Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge half pound by HillsideBakery

And you could always take a trip to my store, DHElegance, where you can dichroic glass pendants and rings and other goodies!! ;)

If you're looking for any other handmade ideas, Etsy is a great place to look!! Just use the search tool :)

Hope you find your perfect gift!!! :)


6 comments:

Hollie May said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww i feel so honoured that you featured my garden party hair clip! thank you lovely girl ;)

My 7th Heaven said...

Thanks Donna for featuring my shop in this wonderful article! I love ya!

Anastasia
mattscraftywife

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for your kind words! Such a fabulous post!

-Hugs!!!

AngelPups said...

Donna!
What a fantastic post and thank you so much for including me!! I am already going back to check out some of the other items you showcased from other shops ;-) Great choices!
God Bless You~
I pray that all is well with you~
Kelly & Crew
angelpupscreations.blogspot.com

Lucy79 said...

OOOHhhhh!!! Great items!! Thank you so much for including my lip tint!!! I feel very honored to be featured! :D

Ira Rott said...

Oh, absolutely fantastic items!Love dankartistry's rings!!! Thank you so much dear Donna for featuring my baby booties in your blog!